Skip to content
- ARRIVE SATURDAY APRIL 18TH, LEAVE SATURDAY APRIL 25TH
- MORNING SESSIONS ONLY MONDAY APRIL 10TH TO WEDNESDAY APRIL 22ND
- WORLD CLASS SPEAKERS, SUN AND CARIBBEAN HOSPITALITY
- AIA ACCREDITED PRESENTATIONS FOR CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
CONFERENCE TECHNICAL PROGRAM
- How Astronomy and Good Lighting Practices Can Co-Exist | Tom Butters, LC, IES Director of Education
A presentation including topics such as light pollution, dark sky and artificial lightings effect on astronomy and life on earth… and beyond!
- 3-D Printing | Matt Hartley, Principal at Matt Hanley Lighting LLC
Additive manufacturing, better known as 3-D printing, is gaining ground and fueling interest as lighting companies see lower cost solutions for creating custom products.
- Designing Hotels in the Caribbean | Don Steritt, Architect at LHDI, President of Architects’ Association of NB
A look at the architecture in this area of the world with project highlights from years of design in the Caribbean.
- Adaptive Lighting Controls and Energy Efficiency Standards | Don McLean, Principal at DMD & Associates Ltd.
A discussion on lighting controls inside and outside buildings and the effect of new efficient standards (NECB 2017, ANSI/ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2016).
- Intelligent Emergency Lighting Enhances the Smart Building
Intelligent LED components and connectivity strategies for emergency lighting and how to engineer a safer generation of smart buildings.
- Light and Health
The SSL industry is at a crossroads of technology and therapy, and successful application requires a holistic knowledge of health and legal implications as well as determination to achieve full commercial acceptance.
- Lighting Solutions for Increased Food Production
The continually-growing world populations, the global trend to urbanization, climate change and pressure on natural resources are key drivers for policies on global food security.
- Cybersecurity Challenges for the Lighting Industry
What specific cybersecurity measures are built into a lighting system, and how they’re implemented, define how secure a given networked lighting control system is.
- The Effects of RGB Lighting on Taste
When we think of the effects of light, we usually think of the influence it has on our visual senses, our mood, or our skin. But it turns out, light also has the ability to change our perceptions when it comes to taste.
- A Story of Caribbean Life
A break from the technical to hear about local Caribbean life, history and stories.
- BIM and the Lighting Industry
How has Building Information Modeling (BIM) impacted the design and construction process? How does this affect the lighting industry?